I will be delivering this lecture to counsellors and psychotherapists at the Solent Group of Counsellors and Psychotherapists on 17th November.
I am still preparing the lecture but so far topics include:
- Why it is not possible to accurately diagnose depression?
- Why might a social model of mental illness help us empower our clients?
- What does neuroscience tell us a about how deression changes the brain?
- Why are antidepressants problematic?
- Does evolution predispose us to depressive reactions?
- What's the link between childhood and depression?
- How can we best help people who are experiencing depression?
I am hoping to put together some materials for non-therapists and will up-date my website when these are available.